Today in DFD history – 1908
Detroit Fire became the first department in the nation to use a gasoline propelled auto as a fire apparatus.
It was a 6-cylinder Packard. Dubbed the “Flying Squadron”, it responded to box alarms staffed with 10 men. The first Flying Squadron was stationed at E. Larned at St. Antoine, Flying Squadron Engine 30.
Join our ranks to get new posts from DFDLegacy.com
Email Address >>